domenica 27 maggio 2012

Women will burn in hell, according to Othodox Church


Dear friends,

I was in the Orthodox Church today, located in via San Michele, Trieste when I saw a truly horrible poster.

It showed Jesus surrounded by the corpses of dead feti covered in blood. What shocked me most and angered me was not so much the image in the poster, kitschy as it was, the written words around it:  “Jesus cries when children are killed through abortions” (or they are not born, something like that), and “Women who have abortions will burn in hell”.

So I called the Orthodox priest in the afternoon, and respectfully asked how come this horrible image was placed on the walls of a Christian Church.  I said:  I believe in life, I would like to see posters with things like: “Protect life, learn how…”, or the image of a couple who wants to keep their yet unborn child, and finds a way to do so.  And I do believe that a child is born of the union between a man AND a woman, why is it then than women are to subjected to this verbal abuse and condemned to burn in Hell?

The Orthodox priest said (and I’m giving you the short version, I’ll skip the explanation “you were shocked by it because it’s been ages since your last confession”) well, yeah it’s an ICON (?!!) from a Romanian monastery, yeah it’s made to scare women…

I asked for its immediate removal, and he hesitantly said he must first speak with the church council first since "you’re the only one to have complained so far "

Dear friends, I am asking a big favour from you all.  I’m against violence, and violence against women. In my opinion, this is just that, bullying even.  What is your advice? What can I do?

Because there are women who believe those horrible words! I know them, I’ve spoken to them! They live their life with the awareness of their painful decision, with the pain of having killed a life of their unborn child, and to top it all, the Church deems it fair to make them feel like shit! Notice how the man, especially the Romanian man, seems to not have anything to do with this!

And if, in the meantime you do have an opinion about this, please contact our Romanian priest here in Trieste.  Maybe I am not the only one “to have had something to say about this”. His cell phone:  3349951987

And spread the word… The more know, the better!

Daniela
Iulia Daniela Negru 
Translator& Conference Interpreter
English Italian French > Romanian Moldavian
daniela.negru@gmail.com

2 commenti:

Unknown ha detto...

i love your vlog dana!kiss

Dana ha detto...

Thanks! :)))